Absolute® is a frontier bioscience company leveraging billions of years of nature's evolutionary intelligence to solve humanity's greatest challenges – starting with safe and sustainable solutions for agriculture and extending to biomaterials and biocare.
All these segments are powered by cutting-edge research in biology at Absolute’s Xenesis Institute. The R&D arm, Xenesis, is building remarkable platforms and solutions using biologicaldata captured in its Nature Intelligence Platform– an all-encompassing approach to discoveringpowerful interactions and decision-making in nature.
About the team
At Xenesis, we partner with nature and learn from its billions of years of evolutionary memories to create a better world - For people, For planet.
Learn more about Xenesis Here.
About the role
We are currently looking for experienced Scientists to work in the field of AgricultureBiotechnology at Xenesis, the R&D arm of Absolute. In this role you will:
- Develop novel formulations for crop improvement and crop protection
- Design and execute strategies for development of RNAi platform for plant protection
- Design formulations to translate RNAi technology into crop protection products
- Identify novel active ingredients like peptides, metabolites, hormones etc and theirapplications in agricultur
- Develop production methods for active ingredients and their formulations
- Soil microbiome engineering
- Perform advanced molecular biology techniques like recombinant cloning, assembling,genome editing and recombinant knockouts in plants and microbes will be a plus
- Prepare and execute established methods and SOPs
- Deliver high-quality results in a timely manner and communicate the same withstakeholders
Why would you love this role?
- Opportunity to work with the best research minds across the world
- Be an architect with strong business outcome focus. Collaboration across the board -with diverse teams from through ideation, formulation and deployment• Immense opportunities for growth
- Be a part of the team that is focussed on creating a strong impact and make this world, a “better” place
What we are looking for:
- A desire and passion to make the world a "better" place.
- Ph.D. in Plant biology, crop science, agriculture biotechnology, Agri-input science,molecular biology, microbiology, biotechnology, synthetic biology or related fields.
- 0-5 years of postdoctoral experience in academic, Agri-biotech companies, orbiotechnology industries for Agri-input formulations.
- Experience in advanced technologies like RNAi and other recombinant technologies foragriculture science.
- Experience in developing novel bio-based formulations for crop improvement and cropprotection.
- Experience in working with multiple active ingredients for agri-input bio-formulations.
- Strong grasp of fundamental plant molecular biology techniques is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurialand technical environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technicalinformation in a clear and thorough manner.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.